Power of Attorney & The Court of Protection

If you are concerned that there may come a time in the future when you or a family member loses the mental capacity to make decisions and handle your own financial affairs, then it’s worth talking to a Solicitor through Lawmatch.

He or she can advise you on making arrangements in advance by way of a power of attorney, appointing someone to make decisions on your behalf on matters ranging from property and finance to health and welfare.

On the other hand, if a family member has already lost the capacity to make their own decisions and there’s no power of attorney in place, our recommended solicitors can give you advice on applying to the Court of Protection for a court order so that you can legally make decisions for them.

Find a solicitor to discuss this matter